Starting back in the summer of 2010, the estimated time for this run was thought to be roughly 27 minutes. However, after almost four years of painstaking planning, theorycrafting and execution, we have arrived at our final time, smashing all of our wildest expectations.
Not only do we owe this new world-record time to all the new tricks we've discovered, the new routes we've found and the new ways we've
learned to manipulate the game. A lot of the improvement from the first estimation and the previous world record (29 minutes, 41 seconds)
comes from the very hard work and countless hours put into perfecting each and every segment, no matter how short or trivial. This run has
truly been an endurance test for everyone involved, and we're extremely happy to finally be able to share it with you.
Enjoy, Half-Life in 20 minutes, 41 seconds!
* This run sets the new world record for a segmented speedrun of Half-Life on Hard difficulty with an improvement of 9 minutes. (29:41 » 20:41).
* Runners, in order of total amount of segments: quadrazid, CRASH FORT, coolkid, pineapple, YaLTeR, Spider-Waffle, FELip.
* The total amount of segments is 317, 249 of which are shorter than 5 seconds.
* 107 saves/segments was made only to cause and abuse save glitches. 53 of those being at Nihilanth.
* This run is heavily scripted using the in-game console, the most widely used scripts are jump spam, duck spam, 180º turn for gauss boost and precise use-key actions.
* To use the better demo functionality and the support of higher FPS values in the Steam version, a mod have been made to restore the gameplay to the way it was before the anti-bhop patch back in 2001. The mod also features a lot of new HUD elements to aid speedrunning. Read more and download here: http://wiki.sourceruns.org/wiki/Bunnymod_Pro
A time sheet explaining the run in great detail can be found by following this link: