May 8, 2018
August 9-18, 2014
- Many updates have been done that were never logged here. Sorry about that.
- The site has been converted to use https now.
August 8, 2014
July 20 - August 7, 2014
- Thanks for the extraordinary efforts of ent, the renderer is now using Q3MME rather than IOQuake3. Renders are about 40% faster now.
- Also due to the above change, I've changed the way the system estimates the time it'll take to complete a render so it is more accurate.
January 28-30, 2014
- Completely rewrote the demo uploading codes for the rendering page; they'll now handle much larger files with better error handling
January 15, 2014
- Testing a different YouTube embedded stream color scheme on the movie page
- Renderer: Working on integrating image and audio muxing into the renderer, rather than assuming the output from the engine is an avi.
January 14, 2014
- Added in a donations page
- Changed the layout of some of the divs on the render page and made finished renders a little clearer
January 12, 2014
- Added in the ability for an admin to disable a movie's ratings and comments
January 10, 2014
January 8, 2014
- Fixed a bug in the comment approval codes where a post coming from a new user would be approved when it shouldn't have been
- Added in code to prevent replies to non-approved comments
January 7, 2014
- Added in movie verifications to the admin control panel
- Non-verified movies are now completely hidden from non-admins on the site
January 4, 2014
- Added in comment verifications to the admin control panel
- Comments pending approval are now completely hidden from non-admins on the site
- Fixed a bug with the show more/less button on the movie page where the code wasn't properly calculating the size of the description area
January 3, 2014
- Added in code to handle comment spam. New users won't have comments show automatically until approved by an admin, although they can still see the comments on the profile and movie page
- Rewrote some code on the contribute page to streamline the approval process and decouple 'recommended' from 'appoving' a movie
December 26, 2013
- Added the ability for an admin to resubmit a previously completed rendered demo
- Moved the estimated finish codes from into the InsertRender function so it isn't calculated on the fly anymore. This will also allow api requests for render information to have an estimated_finish key (measured in minutes)
- Fixed all form element's 'action' attributes not being set to the current page (if applicable)
- Fixed the page navigation on the user search and users online page
- Added code, css, and database structures in to handle tracking when you last viewed a movie and to highlight those comments that have recently been made and are unread
- Added in the ability for a user to set a movie as public/unlisted/private on the contribute page
December 16, 2013
- Renderer: Fixed a demo parsing exception that would cause a render to get stuck in the queue; this would occur if a bad or damaged demo was submitted and the fs_game parser failed
December 16, 2013
- Contribute page will now warn you on page change if you have entered data into the form but not saved
December 14, 2013
- Removed all old default text code in favor of html5's placeholder tags
- Finished the automatic movie importer codes on the contribute page; if you click on the small icon on the top right you can enter in a youtube URL which, when submitted, will auto-populate the contribute form. It isn't perfect since youtube doesn't store all the data needed, but it sure makes adding a movie easier
December 13, 2013
- Fixed an issue where the show more/show less wasn't showing properly on movie descriptions that had hidden text.
December 10, 2013
- Fixed a bug with the way http/https/ftp/ftps links were being linked when other [url]...[/url] bbcode is present
December November 28 - December 4, 2013
- Added support for automatically linking http/https/ftp/ftps links when added into descriptions and comments
- Added support for automatically linking users to their profiles in comments and movie descriptions if prefixed with @
November 6, 2013
- Adjusted the rendering page a bit to hide some not-so-used rendering options
- Added a bloom dropdown to the rendering page, although it is disbled for now
- Testing various bloom settings with ioq3 using the qeffects opengl hook; getting feedback is a little difficult
November 5, 2013
- Fixed an embedded image bug for the comments
- Added [hide] and [asciiart] into the bbcode support
- Made the comment textbox automatically resize when editing a comment so it'll always be the right size without needing a scrollbar
- Added a 'Show more' button to the bottom of longer movie descriptions that will, when clicked, show the rest of the description using a slide. The button will then turn into a 'Show less' button and do the opposite slide up.
November 3, 2013
- Renderer: Urban Terror support was added (at least for .urtdemo files)
October 30, 2013
- API access was finished; anyone can generate an API key on the user control panel. Right now this is only used to submit demos for rendering, but extending this out will be pretty easy, especially for automated movie submissions. More information can be found on the about page
October 22, 2013
- Renderer: Still trying difference solutions in reference to JK:JA audio desync on longer demos
- Wrote all functions and database architecture for authenticated api access; the first goal will be to allow people to submit a render via POST
October 19-21, 2013
- Renderer: Fixed an audio desync problem
October 16-18, 2013
- Renderer: Added support for Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy per request.
October 14, 2013
- Renderer: Added the ability to only render a portion of a demo, rather than the entire thing.
October 5-6, 2013
- Renderer: Added support for Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. Jedi Knight Academy will probably be next unless I get other requests.
October 1, 2013
- Renderer: Tried to add support for Quake 2, however after speaking to developers they all recommended against any kind of frame capture in favor of frape-style capturing. Meh. So much for supporting that.
September 5, 2013
- Renderer: Added support for Return to Castle Wolfenstein
August 21, 2013
- Removed the screenshot randomization functions since it is inefficient
August 19, 2013
- Renderer: Added more exception handling in the encoding thread to handle file locks better
August 17-18, 2013
- Added Google Docs embedded video support to video and contribute pages
August 15, 2013
- RendererTightened up timings and made code more efficient with the renderer; overall it should save 3-5 minutes per loop, plus about 1.6% to 5% savings on the total ioq3/wolfcam rendering time
August 13414, 2013
- Renderer: Added some tweaks to the multithreading and made the renderer exception handling a litle more robust.
- Added handles onto the filmstrip on the movie page's screenshot section
August 12, 2013
- Renderer: Added in the ability for the renderer to render multiple demos at the same time in different threads.
August 10-11, 2013
- Renderer: Added some protections again HTTP exceptions when uploading to Youtube.
August 9, 2013
- Added BBCode tooltips to both the contribute (for the movie descirption) and movie (for the commenting) pages
July 31, 2013
- Modifed the twitter codes to better handle a tweet failing to post due to it being too long
- In reference to the above, rewrote those codes to make the tweets as long as possible and reduce any truncating
- Finished the contribute pages (and any page that shows screenshots) to allow you to set a primary screenshot for a movie, rather than the screenshot for the movie being a random one.
- Renderer: Added a bunch of defrag pk3 files which uncovered a quake3 bug where the engine will die if over 512 pk3 files are loaded (or around there). Mental note for later.
- Renderer: Updated ffmpeg to the latest version
- Renderer: Added some extra sound options into the ql and q3 rendering configs to potentially fix sound sound crispness issues
July 30, 2013
- Renderer: Turns out the changes from yesterday weren't necessary since the problem was the demo, not the renderer.
- Changed the Contribute page such that when clicking the add screenshot button the next row created will inherit the previous row's file/url setting; this will make adding more screenshots in bulk easier
July 25, 2013
- Renderer: Found an issue where the encoder might exit prematurely under certain circumstances. Attempting some fixes.
- Added code into the contribute page and the main page such that a New User posting a movie will have to have it verified before it shows on the main page. A Trusted User or above can verify this movie and once a user has at least 2 verified movies they'll then be promoted to Regular User. Future movies posted will no longer require verification.
July 24, 2013
- More formatting and layout work done on the movie page; the commenting section was polished and made more sexy
- Fixed function definition problem in the comment code which was causing the user id of a person deleting a comment to not be stored properly
July 23, 2013
- Added a small link icon to the comment header so linking to a comment directly is easier on the movie page
- Made comments on the user profile link directly to the comment, rather than the movie; also made the date the comment was made a slightly lighter text
- After adding the movie link icon I went ahead and changed the rest of the reply/edit/delete text on the commenting section to icons
July 17, 2013
- Fixed up the layout of the forgot password page to match that of the login page
- Renderer: Fixed a bug that may cause a video to stop rendering under certain circumstances and fixed an issue where if a map wasn't loaded the renderer would get stuck
July 11, 2013
- Finished coding and testing the rating system and it is now in place and live. We'll see what bugs/changes testing turns up.
July 9-10, 2013
- Renderer: You can now define the movie's title once uploaded to YouTube, just like how you could define the movie description
- Massive front end changes on the movie page care of TheBeats. Basically redid the entire layout. Looks sexier now.
July 6-7, 2013
- Made the top two images on the main page (and the top image at the top of the movie page) rotate like the rest of the images
- Working on the rating system. Got all the database structures in and am working on the front end
July 2-5, 2013
- Renderer: Moved the YouTube uploading over to a different thread, so after the renderer/encoder finish the uploading is handed off to a different thread to upload which allows the render thread to start on the next demo. Doesn't make a render any faster, but allows things to be more efficient at least.
July 1, 2013
- Started and finished all advanced searching codes; added the advanced search link on the search page which allows you to search by keyword which was always available) as well as by game, release year, and game mod (if applicable). Searching within a user's favories and posted movies is also implemented
June 23, 2013
- Renderer: Added support for uploading demos in rar or zip files
- Renderer: Enabled code which will cause the encoder to encode while the renderer is working, rather than waiting until after. Renders are about 30% faster now. I could technically do the same with YouTube uploading
- Renderer: Finalized support for protocol 66 and 67 demo rendering; this now works as intended
- Renderer: Tweaked the way Zend was handling file uploads to YouTube; they were topping out at about 900KB/sec. Tweaked the chunk size so now it is about 2MB/sec. 50% time savings!
June 22, 2013
- Renderer: Added a fix to prevent audio desync under certain conditions when using higher fps in rendering
- Renderer: Moved the "uploaded by %username%" into the description of the movie, along with the resolution it was rendered at
- Renderer: Fixed a missing texture bug caused by pornstar-run5.pk3; not sure why though
- Renderer: Made it so that if you are rendering only to YouTube you are only given 30fps rendering options, since anything else is wasteful
June 21, 2013
- Renderer: Found an issue where if a movie was rendered using defrag it wouldn't switch back to cpma if the next movie was cpma
June 19, 2013
- Renderer: Finalized the defrag hud
- Renderer: Added fixes to prevent a process from being orphaned if the auto-quit scripts failed
June 9, 2013
- Renderer: Official support for defrag demos was added
June 8, 2013
- Renderer: Added the ability for a demo uploader to delete a queued render
June 1, 2013
- Initial release of the renderer tool. Only had to fix a minor timing issue to allow for larger demos to be uploaed
- Modified the render page to show additional information about how long a demo is expected to take to render, how long the current render has been processing, etc
May 2, 2013
- Added the Demo Render link to the footer; this side-project will be a prototype for a little bit
May 1, 2013
- Fixed (I think) an encoding issue on the rss and tweet codes
- Fixed a query issue where a mirror download group may be hidden if it has no associated mirror download links
April 4, 2013
- Was able to trigger a database query issue on the contribute page, so I fixed that and restructured some of the contribute input cleanup functions
April 3, 2013
- Found some search css that wasn't fixed by the changes on March 29th; fixed it.
- Changed the way the download groups and links displayed on the movie page; mainly adjusted the css
- Linked the streaming test page from the bottom of all the pages
April 2, 2013
- Jissie, in posting his QW movie, triggered a bug on the contribute page within the movie approval codes. I'm going to take this opportunity to rewrite some of the movie posting codes. Removed a ton of extra code and fixed a bug where the approved and recomended timestamps were saving properly.
March 29, 2013
- Started some work on the search page; fixed up some of the navigation functions.
March 27, 2013
- Replaced all the old school string handling functions in favor of css handling them for me. HTML5 ftw.
March 26, 2013
- Bailed out and removed all ReCaptcha implementation on the login page. Too annoying for users to deal with and there are better alternatives to block repeat login attempts.
- Added a div to display when a login failure has occurred. This completes the login page's todo list!
- Corrected an issue on the registration page where if you attempt to register from the login page without entering any registration information you would see 'Username' and 'Email' in the appropriate fields, instead of blanks.
March 25, 2013
- Started working on the ReCaptcha implementation on the login page
March 24, 2013
- Redesigned all of the login page and redid all the styling behind it. Much happier with it. Also integrated a registration field into it to encourage registrations. Still need to make it show proper error messages when a failed login occurs and show a captcha if necessary. Huge thanks to PoRNo-MoRoZ for the help and comments.
- Worked with fredd to get his movie onto the site, which in turn triggered a bug on the contribute page. Fixed.
March 23, 2013
- Started working on the login page
March 22, 2013
- Changed the up/down arrows for the dead mirrors to be green/red rather than blue/orange
- Removed the dead mirror clicks click counter in favor of a "health bar" type of implementation; not sure how I want to this though
- Started this changelog about 18 months too late. Haha